There are many ways to get support for your learning in EDCI 336:
- Help Desk: The computer help desk is open to all UVic students for technical help.
- Education Student Tech Support: Perry Plewes and a co-op student are available for technical help for students in Education courses. If you have any difficulty solving your problem, please give them a call. Their contact information is as follows:
- UVic Libraries:
- UVic Library Website
- The Ask Us Website contains resources and information including:
- Text a Librarian: 250.514.7085
- Email a Librarian: email@example.com or use this form
- Live Chat with a Librarian via “AskAway” (click here to see hours for AskAway)
- Guide to Education Resources in UVic Libraries
- Education Librarian: Pia Russell, Reference Librarian for Education
- Extra Support for Distance Learners:
- UVic Distance Learning and Research Infoline Office – specifically for distance education learners making library requests: 1.800.563.9494 UVic Library Services for Distance Students
- Distance Learning Contacts and How to Request Materials
- Learning Pod: You will work together with a group of four classmates to help one another with the learning process. You are required to meet weekly synchronously at a mutually agreed-upon time. You will take turns showcasing your blog progress, where one learner shares their work to date and the other three provide peer assessment and review and comment. You are also expected to discuss and reflect on current resources. You are also asked to identify one specific “learning partner” whom you can work with and turn to with questions along the way. You are welcome to invite any EDCI 336 alumnus, practicing teachers, or other educational stakeholders to comment on your blog or provide help with your inquiries.
- YOUR PLN (personal learning network) on Twitter or Other Social Media: You have the option of seeking support from your growing personal learning network and the broader education and technology communities on social media. To do this, you may post a tweet to the relevant hashtag or individuals you seek support or insight from. You may also tweet the direct link to the specific blog post that you want to share to invite support and comments. You may also email the blog post to peers, EDCI 336 alumni, practicing teachers, or tweet it to the relevant hashtag inviting comment.
- Instructor Help: We are available to help and can be contacted via private message on social media, calls or texts on our cell (number provided in class), audio/video calls on Zoom, or you can make an appointment to come and see us for help. Email is the slowest way to reach us and we prefer to provide support just in time as you are experiencing an issue. We also prefer live conversations (phone, audio/video chats) over long emails. We are very approachable and are here to support you.